This past week, I started learning the words to a song called “Pensare Male” by The Kolors & Elodie. It is an Italian pop song that I chose randomly from the “Hit Italiano” playlist on spotify, and I decided to examine its lyrics. My understanding is that the song is about a complicated relationship, where the singer doesn’t quite know how his love interest feels about him. There is quite a bit of vocabulary that I am not familiar with, so I will have to continue this project in future weeks.

To be completely honest, I am again having trouble staying inspired to study my Italian. The last week was an emotional one for me, so I am trying to recover my motivation and get back on track with my projects. Because of this, my progress has been nothing more than steady, and while I want to push myself, I know I am not capable of anything more at the moment. I will soon, however, be back to my regularly scheduled ambition

In other news, I heard that the CODVID-19 virus has caused all of Italy to be quarantined as of today, so there is a high probability that my trip will be cancelled, unfortunately.

I apologize that this is not the most optimistic blog post, but such is life, and it is important to acknowledge the difficult situations as well as the happy ones. While each day presents its respective challenges, I have an amazing support system backing me and I know it will be rewarding to push through.

Image result for Pensare male The Kolors